Feb 21, 2011

Maximum Bob


As some of you might know, I like to exercise my body and my mind... most of the time, I find that in creating a connection between both of them during a hard run, I usually manage a sort of "Blissed out state"... would I go so much as to call it a mediative state? In a way.
I find a place were my muscles no longer respond to my whims, and as such they seize to cry out in pain or fatigue.
One of the many tools, I employ to reach this point during my run is the Audiobook. I have always been a great believer in the power of the word, more precisely in the power of t
he well written verse.
As such a southing and well narrated book, has more than often, become the "Powersong" I crave to dispel thoughts of "Trowing in the towel".
With this in mind, I have began to read/Listen to "Maximum Bob" by Elmore Leonard. The book j
acket called out to me and above all I have two personal reasons why I choos
e, out of Mr. Leonards bibliography, this particular novel to get familiarized with this Author.
First of all, I have developed a love affaire for
the series Justified... especially this second season that has just started. Olyphant's character may be a rehash of his Deadwood persona, but
I certainly don't care in the least.
And the second reason is close to my heart... during the 90s, I remembered my first canceled drama... the first television series I had commence to follow, and finally the first that was cut down in its prime... that series was none other than Maximum Bob. As such this novel is above all, a stroll down memory lane...
The critics have been rather poor of the novel, and I only hope, that I have not sacrificed a new fancy for
a fine Author, for a book that has been panned and considered a low point in his career...
I guess that by the end of this week, I will have made my on judgement.
Will get back to you as soon as I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment